|Get it? Spring..... around the corner.... Hahaha!!|
But, while we're still waiting, now is the time to start going over what you should go over on your bike before that first spring ride. There are quite a few websites/blogs that will give you mostly the same information:
- Read your owners manual - you'd be surprised at just how much information is in there!!
- Fuel - hopefully you filled your gas tank with treated gas so that it would stay fresh.
- Battery - Harley batteries are sealed, so you don't need to check the acid levels. And if you've had your bike on a battery tender all through winter, you're doing good! Just do a quick check and make sure there's no corrosion building up.
- Oil & Filter - did you change these before you put your bike to bed? If so you're good to go. If not you should do it now.
- Controls - check your cables for fraying and correct adjustment, throttle for smooth movement, pedals & levers for breakage.
- Tires - where the rubber meets the road is the most important part of your ride!! Check for proper inflation, and that you have enough tread depth. Showing 'wear bars' on your tire but don't have the money to spend for your bike's new shoes?? Stop and think of the real cost that you could pay....
- Lights - do they all light up?? Check that the low & high beam, running, turn signals, emergency and brake lights are all working.
|AND know your Motorcycle Insurance Coverage|