Tuesday, October 4, 2016

10 Reasons To Ride the Adirondacks this Fall

Me & my Girlfriends on Lake Ontario
I love summer!! I was born in the summer, my zodiac is a "Sun Sign" (Leo), the warmer temperatures, long days, BBQ, backyard camp fires, and everything in bloom. And going for a motorcycle ride 'just to cool off' is sssooo much fun - sometimes riding all the day long with friends and making some great memories along the way. So as the leaves change their colors, and the daylight shortens, I'm a bit sad every year as summer comes to a close.

But on the plus side, Autumn in Northern New York does put on a wonderful show. Here's my top 10 reasons why I love riding in the Adirondacks in the Fall.


  1. Crisp Air: the temps drop and usually that means not as many bugs! Although if you're starting out in the early morning hours be wary of frost/ice on the roads.
  2. The Light Show: Sunsets are more spectacular in
    Autumn Sunset hitting the clouds
    while riding home...
    the Fall (here's the science as to why). Reminder: take an extra set of clear goggles for after the sun sets. 
  3. Leather Weather: I love the smell of leather, and this time of year I'm wearing a lot of it. Dressing in layers on a motorcycle is key for rider & passenger comfort! 
  4. All The B-E-A-utiful Colors: I grew up in Northern California, San Francisco Bay Area - a place known for it's fog... That means I am truly amazed at the color show that Autumn in New York puts on every year. 
  5. Cider Mills & Maple Farms: Hot off the press Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Butter..... *drooling* Need I say more?? If you're in the area, you've got to go to the Burrville Cider Mill - it's the best!!
  6. Harvest Time: There's lots of dairy farms up
    Harrisville, NY
    where I live, so there are more than a few hay & corn fields to sustain the cows. Riding by a freshly harvested field, the way the earth smells... just spectacular. 
  7. MLB Postseason: I love baseball, my SF Giants are in the pennant race this year, and Cooperstown - home of the Baseball Hall Of Fame - is a nice ride to take. Be sure to go through the Ilion Gorge to get there - sort of a very mini Tail of the Dragon. 
  8. Fall Festivals: The hills are alive with fall festivals, jazz concerts, corn mazes and farm tours
  9. Get Your Spook On: Sleepy Hollow is a legendary
    ride to take - just don't loose your head over it. 
  10. The View: Just take all the above, numbers 1-9, and roll them all up together in one giant package. The light, sounds, smells and colors of it all. Now get out there and find out for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment