|Me & my Girlfriends on Lake Ontario|
But on the plus side, Autumn in Northern New York does put on a wonderful show. Here's my top 10 reasons why I love riding in the Adirondacks in the Fall.
- Crisp Air: the temps drop and usually that means not as many bugs! Although if you're starting out in the early morning hours be wary of frost/ice on the roads.
- The Light Show: Sunsets are more spectacular in
Autumn Sunset hitting the clouds
while riding home...
- Leather Weather: I love the smell of leather, and this time of year I'm wearing a lot of it. Dressing in layers on a motorcycle is key for rider & passenger comfort!
- All The B-E-A-utiful Colors: I grew up in Northern California, San Francisco Bay Area - a place known for it's fog... That means I am truly amazed at the color show that Autumn in New York puts on every year.
- Cider Mills & Maple Farms: Hot off the press Apple Cider Donuts with Maple Butter..... *drooling* Need I say more?? If you're in the area, you've got to go to the Burrville Cider Mill - it's the best!!
- Harvest Time: There's lots of dairy farms up
- MLB Postseason: I love baseball, my SF Giants are in the pennant race this year, and Cooperstown - home of the Baseball Hall Of Fame - is a nice ride to take. Be sure to go through the Ilion Gorge to get there - sort of a very mini Tail of the Dragon.
- Fall Festivals: The hills are alive with fall festivals, jazz concerts, corn mazes and farm tours.
- Get Your Spook On: Sleepy Hollow is a legendary
- The View: Just take all the above, numbers 1-9, and roll them all up together in one giant package. The light, sounds, smells and colors of it all. Now get out there and find out for yourself.