Wednesday, May 10, 2017

You've got no excuse!! (Part V of Getting Real Serious Now)

This is the last time I'm going to bug you about your insurance.... for this year.... maybe! Only because it really is that important and, if you screw this up, you only have yourself to blame.

In Part I we talked briefly on motorcycle insurance and how it differs from auto insurance. Then in Part II we covered how insurance companies want to save YOU money (in the short term). In Part III we talked about what motorcycle insurance you're required to carry (and how it does nothing to protect the rider). And in Part IV I showed you the type of coverage you should strongly consider having added to your policy and why. 

(And once again I'll just remind everyone that I'm not an insurance agent or broker, nor am I an attorney of any type. I'm just someone who has seen a few things while working at FX Caprara Harley-Davidson.)

This time around let's discuss another type of insurance that might be beneficial: supplemental insurance.

At FX Caprara Harley-Davidson® we recently had an
insurance rep come through and I signed up big time. In addition to my dental & vision plans, I'm also covered for accident, disability, life & cancer.

Anyone who has ridden a motorcycle for any length of time knows that it is not a matter of IF you'll go down, but WHEN. And that was the major determining factor for me to get those policies.

Having that additional coverage will help me out with lost wages and missed bill payments. Here's a great article on how you can determine if you need supplemental insurance.

Now that you know almost all there is to know about how to best protect yourself while riding your motorcycle - beyond your riding gear and skill set - you have no excuse to be under-insured should the worst happen.

Have Fun & Ride Safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment