When you get time to go ride, no matter if it's just to work & back, over the next mountain or off to another state, here's what you need to know to make your ride that much better:
- Get the right gear: The most important thing to
- Embrace the challenge: Starting out on your motorcycle, even on a short trip to work, might not seem that challenging... but don't ever underestimate the physicality of any trip. Recently I started off for work knowing I'd encounter rain (so had my rain suit on) but halfway there the rain turned into a deluge. The idea of pulling over to wait it out was attractive, but instead I pushed through and when I arrived I felt even more accomplished.
- Bring your charger: My life is on my phone!
- Stay comfortable: Nearly as important as the right
- Go Slow: I'll be the first to admit - I like to go fast! The thrill of speeding down the road, feeling the wind, maneuvering my bike through the twisties is a lot of fun. But I have to remember that when I go too fast I'll miss the scenery (no matter how fast I'm going I always take time to see what other riders/drivers are doing!). Remember that on a bike you're seeing much more than you do in a car, so take the time and enjoy the view.