Monday, November 27, 2017

How to create your "Happy List"

As I type this, my email inbox is filling up with all sorts of advertising (it is Cyber Monday after all). Television is another perfect example of the over load of seemingly senseless commercials this time of year. And if I listened to local radio, I'm sure it'd be the same. 

With tag lines of: "Discounts just for you;" "25% off your entire order;" and "Last Chance to get Yours!" It's enough to drive anyone nuts!

Isn't it ironic that part of my job here at FXCHD is marketing? 

Of course during this holiday season it's almost guaranteed that we'll purchase something for a friend or family member. But before you get so caught up in the onslaught of holiday advertising, let's take a moment to create a plan that will make everyone happy.

All of us have dreams. Big, small, and all sizes in-between -maybe even tied up with a bow. And if the person you're shopping for is a Biker, then they definitely have dreams. Dreams to customize their ride, dreams of a new rear tire or tune-up, maybe dreams about new riding gear or a new bike... or dreams about riding across several states or even across the whole damn country. 

This holiday let's support those dreams.

When buying gifts, let's choose to shop in a way that furthers the dream of someone we know. 

If you're not sure of what the Biker on your list needs to fulfill their Harley dreams, ask if they have a Wish List on 
H-D.com/store

Or you could give them an H-D Gift Card
I can't afford to spend lots of money on gifts -I'm like most of us, nearly living paycheck to paycheck, saving what money I can. But still when I do purchase gifts, I like to think how I can help to make my friends' dreams come to life.

Sure- it's not your responsibility to fund your friend's dream... But when you have a dream and your friends support you, doesn't that help you to feel happy? 

By giving gifts with these dreams in mind, even something small can be a big thing to the one who receives it. And I guarantee that will have you, the giver, feeling as good, if not better, than the one who receives. 

What an absolutely wonderful holiday gift to give!

No comments:

Post a Comment