Friday, January 15, 2016

Up, up and away!!


Kate & Dawn - Summer 2012
Kate, FXCHD's Parts & Accessories Manager, and myself are flying to Phoenix for Harley-Davidson's Retail Readiness Event. I'm excited to take this trip - Kate & I have been co-workers and friends for about 5 years now, and this will be our first real 'road trip' together.

I'll get to see over 625 new styles of clothing & riding gear from Harley - plus countless more from their licensed vendors. There are two types of clothing that come directly from Harley: Core which is clothing we can pretty much get anytime; Seasonal which has been created just for that particular time of year in limited quantities. I'll be ordering now for the stuff FXCHD will get for Winter/Holiday 2016 and Spring 2017.

A pic from the 2015 HDMC Summer Dealer Meeting
Kate will take a look at all the accessories and learn from product experts. At the show she'll be able to review and learn all about LED Lighting, Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Parts, BOOM! Audio and get the New Product Highlights.

Of course the best part of any work convention is meeting up with our friends in the industry. I'm looking forward to seeing (and of course partying with!) my friends from Harley-Davidson of Atlanta, Hellbender Harley-Davidson, Harley-Davidson of Rochester, and North End Harley-Davidson to name just a few. 

The Mythical Phoenix - rising from the ashes 
Another plus is that while Kate & I are there the weather is expected to be a sunny 70°F - I guess that's how Phoenix got the nickname "Valley Of The Sun" (oh, and I'm looking forward to some great Mexican Food!!).

It's been over 30 years since I've been to Phoenix - my parents took me to see the city, the Painted Desert and (of course) the Grand Canyon. So be on the lookout for my blog post from Arizona - I promise I'll take more pictures than I did at FX Caprara Car Company Christmas Party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment