Monday, December 26, 2016

T'was the night before Christmas - the Biker version

Here's another Christmas Poem I came across the other day and, even though it's the day after, I'm going to share this now rather than wait another year [life is short ya know!].

It's similar to the Christmas classic "A visit from St. Nicholas" (aka "T'was the night before Christmas"). Like the last poem, I don't know the author of it... What I do
know is I posted in on my Facebook page and they were kind enough to remind me about it in my "memories." 

I actually did a very small version of this myself - see the picture on the right - but this is the entire poem done up in "Biker" style. So here it is:

Twas the night before Christmas, and all through the garages, not a motorcycle was rumbling,
except for Santa Claus's.

The leather was hung in the closet with care in hopes that nice weather soon would be there. Our bikes were all nestled snug under their covers with visions of blacktop and burning up rubber.

With Momma in her bandana and I in my skull cap, we had just settled down for a long winters nap. When out on the lawn, arose such a rumble - I sprang from the bed and I started to grumble.

When, what to my wondering eyes should appear? A pack of motorcycles, with riders in gear! With one old rider so lively and quick I knew in a moment it must be a biker named Nick.

He was dressed in Red Leather, from his head to his foot and his clothes were all tarnished with bugs and road soot. A bundle of chrome he had flung on his back - down the chimney he came, carrying a big red sack.

He spoke not a word but went straight to his work. As he filled all the bike boots, then turned with a jerk, and laying a finger aside of his nose, and giving a nod, up the chimney he rose.

He sprang to his bike, to his team gave a sign. They all cracked their throttles and got into a line. "Now Harley, now Honda, Now Triumph and Indian; on Kawi, on Suzuki, on Yamaha and Victory."

But I heard him exclaim as he roared out of sight:

"Keep the rubber side down and have a good ride!"

1 comment: