|Cage Free? You mean like Free Range Chickens??|
- Cage Free:
Bikes refer to cars & trucks as ‘cages’ – since you’re pretty much in one,
a roll bar cage. You’ve got air bags, a big windshield, and sound proofing
which all make for a nice, quiet ride, but also removes you to from the environment. When you’re riding along in a car, you’re more
insulated than a rider is on their
Not this kind of cage either....
- ‘Cage-er’: What we call a person driving a car/truck.
- Brain Bucket: Helmet
- MSF: Motorcycle Safety Foundation – an organization that helps to educate motorcycle riders.
- OEM: Original (Factory) Equipment Parts – stock parts on your motorcycle.
- Scoot/Scooter: A term that includes any motorcycle.
- Skid Lid: Usually referring to a non-DOT helmet – one that just has a shell and little padding on the inside.
- Tar Snake: The shiny material used to patch cracks in the asphalt. They have less traction than regular asphalt, especially in light rain or on hot days (the material has a lower melting point and will get soft or even melt).
Until next time, Keep the Chrome Side Up & the Rubber Side Down!!